At Ascent Hearing, our goal is to help you become acclimated to your new hearing aids. We strive to help you make this transition as quickly and as pleasantly as possible. If you have questions, or if there is anything you need while you go through the process of relearning to hear, please ask us – we’re here to help. Through our experience, here are five steps to help you during your hearing journey.
1. Admit that your hearing isn’t what it used to be – Most people wait five to seven
years before solving their hearing problem. That’s time you cannot get back.
2. Keep a positive attitude while you seek help – Success with your hearing aids will
depend on your attitude, your desire to learn, and determination to increase your
ability to hear.
3. Learn about your hearing problem – The best remedy for hearing loss is education.
Learn all you can about your particular loss and work with a hearing professional
to determine the best solution for you.
4. Set realistic expectations – You won’t hear again like you once did with normal hearing.
Hearing aids are only a substitute for the original. Your best bet is to focus on
improvement. Your hearing aid will help you hear better, not perfectly.
5. Practice, time and patience – The transition to hearing aids requires practice. It’s an
investment that usually begins to pay dividends within 45 days. Remember the more you
wear your hearing aids, the better your experience will be.
We are here to help you on your journey to better hearing. Please visit our Hearing Health Resources page for additional information about hearing loss and hearing aids.
Dr. Robert Smith